An Idiot Abroad: China S01E01

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An idiot Abroad:Beijing

Post  11106011032 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:27 pm

In my opinion, he has very low CQ.
First of all, he didn't know about our Chinese culture. Many famous history is nothing for him. Not only the food but also the buildings were terrible for him. In the video, I couldn't feel the respect as a Chinese. I confused why the foreigners do not understand our culture. China is not so poor and stupid as they think. And I felt shocked to one moment that he didn't accept the food in Beijing. A lot of people say that foreigners like to try new things. When the man saw a Chinese people ate the eggs, he show so unbelivable. Maybe thought that was life.
In a word, what I want to express is that we should show our respect to the foreign culture but not criticize it.

Back to top Go down

The answers

Post  Apple Deng on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:46 pm

1.  I think the Karl demonstrates a low cultural intelligence. Because Karl just expressed his own opinion of all the things he saw. He has a view on Beijing already. So when he see things he can acceptable, he just don’t like it and hate it. But I think he introduce things well. In my opinion, we  just can’t judge things or a country bad or good only by the thing on appearance.
2. Yes, I have the experienced discomfort from being in a contrasting culture. Last year, I taught student as a volunteer in Shanxi province. There was on thing shot me. The people there just have a bath once a month. That was really amazing because there was hydropenia. So I just have a bath once a week. This became my precious memory.
Apple Deng

Back to top Go down

an idiot abroad

Post  Pan Pan on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm

As for me, if I got any chance to go abroad I would like trying any new things and making friends with people around me. The guy in the video seems sick of anything in Beijing. He could not adjust to the new environment well. He is the lucky guy who can take part in this show and got the chance travel around the world.
Pan Pan

Back to top Go down

an idiot abroad

Post  Jokie Lu on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:00 pm

After watching this video,i feel a little bit sad and angry. actually i haven't seen some special food in the video.but the guy just can't accept everything he met. in my opinion, when someone go abroad, culture intelligence is very important to him. nobody would live in an unchange environment. thus, we need to adapt ourselves to the environment we live in. it also remind me that sometimes we can't change the surroundings and we need to adapt to it.
Jokie Lu

Back to top Go down

An adiot in China

Post  Stella Zheng on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am

To some extend , I think this video was an unrealistic depiction of China . For example , most toilet in China all have doors . Not everyone eat insectss . In addition , Karl demonstrates a low level cultural intelligence . For the whole trip ,he can't adapt to China--a totally new environment to him .
If a western visitor want to have a trip to China ,I will recommend Beijing, Hangzhou and Tibet to him .

Stella Zheng

Back to top Go down

An idiot abroad.

Post  angel_yu on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 am

It's really funny of that guy in this video.Indeed, i think what he acted was reasonable, since he had already had a stereotype of China in his mind.More over, what he saw during his trip in China was exactly indicating his stereotype.However, the culture difference is the most basic reason that can be used to explain his unusual reaction.Thus, it telling us that knowing the different culture from different countries is very important for someone who is going to have a visit to that country.
angel_yu

Back to top Go down

An Adiot In China

Post  Tracy Tsang on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Through the funny video, Karl demonstrates a low level cultural intelligence, he isn't willing to accept local customs and change to have a try.
On the other hand, I think the video was sensationalized of China, maybe things happening in the video are true, but that's a tip of iceberg.
And the funniest moment in the video was that a Chinese old man was massaging for Karl but Karl didn't seem to be enjoyable.
Tracy Tsang

Back to top Go down

About travel by Asterina

Post  asterinaMei on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Compared with domestic tourism, I like travel aboard better. Everytime I travel, I have different feelings with different people in different places.
I like to go to seabeach with my best friends, because we can enjoy the sunlight and play with water to have a good time. During that time, we always play mahjong after the dinner. My sister is my best chioce to be with me to go aboard. She knows a lots and she has the perfect sense of direction. What I should do is just follow her. I love the feeling when I stay in the strange city facing the people who saying another language. That is crazy. In the future, I dream of a trip to Bali with a special person.
asterinaMei

Back to top Go down

Re: An Idiot Abroad: China S01E01

Post  Wendy Wong on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am

Culture differences really matter!
Wendy Wong

Back to top Go down

an idiot travel in china

Post  Carrie Zhong 5B on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:14 am

it's interesting really, karl's comment so funny,like chinese eat everything(though i do not agree), and its good,actually, the video shows us how other countries' people think of us, and karl is the most special one ha,
Carrie Zhong 5B

Back to top Go down

Re: An Idiot Abroad: China S01E01

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top