[CLOSED] Online Assessment 8 - Manners and Etiquette

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manners of smoking

Post  Yenting Lee on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 pm

In China , you can see the smokers do it wherever they are . Most of them have no concept of piblic places . They just try to fulfill their desire of smoking without considering the health of others . Compared with Americans , they do not smoke in the non-smoke places . They think their smoking will affect others' health . They seldom smoke in front of people . They will choose the avaluable places
Yenting Lee

Back to top Go down

about smoking

Post  11106016055 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 pm

I want to talk about smoking.In China mainland,people are not very strict with smoking, even some public forbid smoking and put the NON-SMOKING sign .Special some farmers and peasants
don't care about the signs and other people' feel.I very dislike smoking ,it seems make me can't breath well.Smoking is harm to people ,special the second-hand smoking for people who don't smoking.

Back to top Go down

Dining and earting

Post  Kit Fan 11106011052 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:34 pm

I would like to talk about somthing about dining and eating.As we known, in China, when people going to eat. They offer food which will be placed in the middle of the table.And all people share each dish.It is very commom in China because this is the culture of China. I know, most foreigners don't like this way to eat. They think that is unhygienic. It will spread bacteria to make them sick. So in their countries, they each have their own food. I think the reason cause this difference is because foreigners have strong sense of protecting themselves. What we should do is to Do in Rome as Rome does.
Kit Fan 11106011052

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Claire115 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:13 am

When waiting for a bus, Mainland Chinese never queue up and crowd into the bus. However, people from external place will wait in line and get on the bus orderly.
Claire115

Back to top Go down

the most memorable negotiation

Post  Claire115 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:32 am

I needed to choose a present for my friend, but I had no idea at all. So I hang out aimlessly. Finally, I decided to buy a pretty cup for her. However, when I was paying, I found that the cup was kind of dirty. I wanted to change it for a new one. But the shop owner said it was the last one. It was so urgency because I spend a so long time choosing her present that I was late for her party. The owner promised a discount to me. And I reluctantly accepted it.
I think what contributed to the price are urgency,attraction and necessity.
Claire115

Back to top Go down

tipping a taxi driver

Post  Icy on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:34 am

Tipping is not customary in China, there is absolutely NO mandatory requirement to tip a taxi driver. you will never see a Chinese taxi driver standing there with his hand out waiting for a tip. Unlike some other parts of the world, tipping to someone is a culture, you need to give someone tip to show that you respect them . different cultures make this different thing..
Icy

Back to top Go down

Etiquette differences

Post  Party Zhou on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 am

I'd like to talk about the etiquette difference in waiting for the bus. Maybe it is strange to foreigners that why Chinese do not queue for a bus. But the truth is that even though you want to stand in a line, you will find out you will be in the less advantaged position. Bus passengers will crowd into the bus no matter who is in the front. I feel confused too. But I still have to get into the bus in this way anyway. It' so sad that every time I have to get on a bus. However, with the development of economy and the influence of entry into WTO, more Chinese can get to know the outside world and the etiquette. IN recent years, more people prefer to queuing instead of squash into his way. And I hope that will be a long-lasting change in bus waiting.
Party Zhou

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Arie zhang on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 am

I would loke to talk about this topic. As we knuw, it is very rare to see chinese line up in the mainland. people hate and ununderstannd about it, especially foreigner. It obviously that waiting for a bus without line is not fine. Howeve, do you know why? I think the main cause of it it is the lack of bus in the rush hour. if you line behind others, you must can't take the bus. In western, you line because you konw there will be a bus in the correct time and you may be have seat or at least you can catch the bus. But, in China, especially in the time of go and off work, Imeans you can't have the spare to stand!Maner only have when you are not worry about the basic living, how can you ask a starving to pray before flight with other to gain the little food. that's quite the same situation in someway.
Arie zhang

Back to top Go down

About Waiting For A Bus

Post  Tracy Tsang on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 am

I gonna talk about the issue of waiting for a bus. In China, people won't wait in line, they just ready to rush into the bus, take up a seat, feel relieved and then watch their phones. Actually I don't do that things but if you don't do that, you won't not only have a seat but also you can't get in the bus. But in other countries, people will wait in lines. so they seem to be leisurely and unhurriedly. That is the screen I am willing to see.
Tracy Tsang

Back to top Go down

Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 8 - Manners and Etiquette

Post  Wendy Wong on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 am

I also don't like people smoke. Cause the smell is too bad and bad for our health.
Wendy Wong

Back to top Go down

Post  Wendy Wong on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 am

And even the college students will rush to the bus, sadly.
Wendy Wong

Back to top Go down

Post  Wendy Wong on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 am

It really hard to standardise people's behaviour in China. And it is hard for the police to keep an eye on the smoker who break the rule.
Wendy Wong

Back to top Go down

Dining and Eating differs between Mainland Chinese and an external culture's style

Post  Ceny11106011044 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:29 am

In China, we prefer to the round table in the Chinese banquets. In the west, the long tables are the choice in the banquet. In China, Chinese food its atmosphere is lively, people like chatting over eating. But taling and laughing is not polite. While eating, the older is first, when a dish served the young can't eat until the older eat. In the west, men should move the seat for women. People always talk with their neighbors when eating, they don't talk loudly. They don't use their own utensils for others to take their food; don't cut food on a plate after a good use of all right hand fork to eat.
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Camping He on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:21 pm

I would like to talk about the different manners between China and the foreign countries. In China, you can not often see the people queue up for the buses. I think it is a strang phenomenon and i don't know why. It seems that all the people are in a hurry but they just not stand in line, instead, they huddle together. When the buses come, they rush forward the bus gates and do not get out the way for each other, even the old people or the young children. They just think about themselves and just want to have a seat. But i know in most foreign countries, people will conciously stand in line when they reach the bus stations to wait for the bus and get on the buses one after another. I think it is a good manner and etiqutte.
Camping He

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Vanessa Yang on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 pm

In China,most people do not have the habit of standing by a line to wait for the bus,they just stand around the bus station,when the bus drive near the station,they become highly concentrated,as soon as the bus stop,they will rush on like a swarm of bees,pushing others in order to get on the bus.However,in most western countries,almost everyone will line up and wait for the bus,they will obey the order.
Vanessa Yang

Back to top Go down

waitting for a bus

Post  Sallychou on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:17 pm

For I have not driver licence and have no one to pick me up,I go every place by bus.Therefore,I have to wait for a bus everyday.Sometimes,you get annoyed when people who is also waitting for a bus don't queue.Though there are some people do is all the time,I should not do for I think it's unpolit.Therefore,I am always the last one who get the bus.
Sallychou

Back to top Go down

Manners and Etiquette

Post  Jokie Lu on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 pm

I would like to talk about waiting in line. It reminded me of an experience at the station in Guangzhou. I saw a foreign couple stand at the front and wait in line. But other people just stand casually. They were so surprise at the people. And I can hear their conversation. They discussed why all people didn’t wait in line. I felt very embarrassed at that time. The bus was coming and all the people crowded into the bus. I was just the last one to get on the bus to make myself less embarrassed. I think people in Mainland China have less consciousness in waiting in line.
Jokie Lu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Deng on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:27 pm

The differences between Mainland Chinese and an external culture's style in tipping a taxi driver.
In Mainland Chinese, taxi driver gets no tips. They get the money from the oil fare and taximeter. Sometimes, we can even make a bargain before taking a taxi. For example, in Shaoguan, when we take a taxi from Shaoguan railway station to Shaoguan university, we don't pay money by taximeter. Usually, we pay 10yuan per person. If you are a freshman, maybe u need to pay more. In Mainland Chinese, we don't have custom to tip a taxi driver.
While in many western countries, passengers will pay tips, about 10%-15% after taking a taxi. Because it is their own customs. They think they show respects to those who sever people.
Rainbow Deng

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainbow Deng on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:05 pm

I totally agree with you. I really hate the people who smoke in public where there is a sign marked obviously NO SMOKING. But people, especially in Chinese restaurants still smoke and ignore other people feelings and health. It has become a common phenomenon.
Rainbow Deng

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Ann He on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 pm

As for the waiting for a bus, there is a big differ between mainland China and other country. In China, people would like to cut in line, once, I waited for the bus for nearly 1 hour, although there were 4 buses had passed.Because when the bus arrived,people rushed to swell up, I was just pushed behind by the crowded and can't get on the bus. Is n western culture, people are waiting in line, when the bus arrives, they get on the bus in good order,and they will let the people who need help to get on the bus at first.
Ann He

Back to top Go down

Smoke in the pubic

Post  roselovelavender on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:56 am

In chinese, people will smoke in the public even thought there is a sign with NO SMOKING.They ignore the other feeling and do it as they like, no respect to other.However,people in other area wil smoke in the smoking area and show their respect to other,While they eat with their friend, they would say "would you mind me have a somke ?"However, people in china would not be so maner.They will ignore you and enjoy their smoking.
roselovelavender

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a bus

Post  Stephanie Xie on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 am

I would like to compare Mainland Chinese with an external culture's style, like America, when they waiting for a bus.
In China, it is quite usual to see that people rush to the bus when the bus is coming and some thieves will catch this chance to steal something. After they get on the bus, some young people will ignore those people in needs and they sit down directly.
While in Amerca, I haven't been to America so far but from the American movies that I have watched,I think they so gentle and polite. They will queue and no rushing. And most of the Americans have their own cars because the vast territory but a sparse population.
Stephanie Xie

Back to top Go down

waiting for a bus

Post  Cindy Su on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:17 am

I would love to talk about the difference between mainland Chinese and Hongkong people when waiting for bus.

I saw people queue for the bus in Hongkong even if they were really in a hurry. However,no one queue for the bus in Shaoguan which make me feel shameful about. But what I want to say is that the situation is better in Guangzhou's subway, they queue for the subway but not the seat. How much time do they need to improve the civilization? Only time will tell.
Cindy Su

Back to top Go down

waiting for a bus

Post  Tina11106011025 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:30 am

I would like to talk about the etiquette of waiting for a bus between mainland China and other western countries. We have learned from TV and internet that many western countries’ people keep a good order while waiting for a bus. But in mainland China, people always find a place for themselves. And it’s very stranger if you see people form a line to waiting for a bus. Especially, if there are too many people waiting for a bus, when a bus come the situation must be out of control, everybody just rush into the bus for a seat. And there maybe some come in the bus first, he/she maybe save a seat for his/her friend.
Tina11106011025

Back to top Go down

my view on etiquette

Post  Tom Zheng (5b) on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:36 pm

etiquette is  the rules and practise of correct behavior.whever  you are ,they are not touch,inflxible rules. but guidelines to make life run smoothlyl they make  life run easier.poise is a balanec of body and mind.
Tom Zheng (5b)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next