Unit 3 Hobbies
What are hobbies?
- Hobbies are the indoor or outdoor activities we do in our free time.
- They can help us socialise, relax, learn new things and practice our skills.
- Mental hobbies include reading, painting, playing chess and listening to music.
- Physical hobbies include gardening, travelling, playing basketball and hiking.
Talking about Weather
Page 134. Phrases such as:
- Have you heard the weather forecast?
- What does the weather forecast / report say?
- We'll have fine weather for the next few days?
- What will it be after the clear weather?
- What's the weather going to be like?
- How long will this hot weather last?
- I hope it stays nice for the whole month
- It's wonderful weather here / after the rain.
- Autumn is the best season here.
- Its hot like an oven in this part of the country.
- The weather here is quite changeable.
- It seems to be clearing up
- It has turned out to be a nice day.
- It says a storm may come soon.
Making a Request
Page 138. Phrases such as:
- I was wondering whether you could...?
- May I trouble you for a …?
- May I trouble you to …?
- May I have the pleasure of...?
- Do you mind if I ask you …?
- I'd be grateful if you could...?
- I'd appreciate it a lot of you could …?
Borrow or Lend?
Please remember that we say "Can you LEND me a pen?" or "Can I BORROW your pen?" not "Can you borrow me your pen?". It is a common mistake I hear in class.
Dialogue Rehearsal Recording (page 26-27)
Last edited by Alex on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Please find the homework for this week here; http://shaoguan.withme.us/t1865-unit-3-hobbies-homework
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum