Eurovision Song Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Alex on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:49 pm

I noticed that a lot of my students listen to European music, so I was shocked when most of them don't know anything about the Eurovision song contest.

The style of music is quite similiar to what a lot of Chinese people like.

Have a look!

Some songs

Info in English

Info in Chinese

official site

avatar
Alex

Posts : 989
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 34
Location : Shaoguan

http://shaoguan.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Alex on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:51 pm

For example here is a song called "Believe" by Russian Dima Bilan, this song won in 2008.

Enjoy!



Lyrics
Even when the thunder and storm begins
I'll be standing strong like a tree in the wind
Nothing is gonna move this mountain or change my direction
I'm falling off the sky and I'm all alone
The courage that's inside is gonna break my fall
Nothing is gonna dim my light within
But if I keep going on it will never be impossible
Not today.

Cause I got something to believe in
As long as I'm breathing
There is not a limit to what I can dream
Cause I got something to believe in
Mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe in me.

Even when the world tries to pull me down
Tell me that I can't... try to turn me around
I wont let them put my fire out
But if I keep going on it will never be impossible
Not today

Cause I got something to believe in
As long as I'm breathing
There is not a limit to what I can dream
Cause I got something to believe in
Mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe...

I can do it all, open every door
Turn unthinkable to reality
You see I can do it all and more

Believing as long as I'm breathing
There is no limit to what I can dream
Believing mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe in me.
avatar
Alex

Posts : 989
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 34
Location : Shaoguan

http://shaoguan.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Memory on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3MjUyNzYw.html[url][/url]
I like this song the best!
Dima Bilan-Believe
avatar
Memory

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Alex on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Memory wrote:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3MjUyNzYw.html[url][/url]
I like this song the best!
Dima Bilan-Believe

Good song Cool

there are heaps of ones i am sure you will like ! post some more geek
avatar
Alex

Posts : 989
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 34
Location : Shaoguan

http://shaoguan.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  mani on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:02 pm

ha ~i like this song~i will google this singer~ afro
avatar
mani

Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Memory on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:04 pm

mani wrote:ha ~i like this song~i will google this singer~ afro

good taste! mani~~ha
avatar
Memory

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Alex on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Or how about this song from the 2009 competition, "Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak from Norway



Lyrics
Years ago when I was younger
I kinda liked a girl I knew
She was mine and we were sweethearts
That was then, but then it's true

I'm in love with a fairytale even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind I'm already cursed

Every day we started fighting
Every night we fell in love
No one else could make me sadder
But no one else could lift me high above

I don't know what I was doing
When suddenly we fell apart
Nowadays I cannot find her
But when I do we'll get a brand new start

I'm in love with a fairytale even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind I'm already cursed

She's a fairytale, yeah even though it hurts
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind I'm already cursed
avatar
Alex

Posts : 989
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 34
Location : Shaoguan

http://shaoguan.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  YOUNG on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:17 pm

the song is good with his impressive body languages
i like it ~ albino
avatar
YOUNG

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Alex on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:18 pm

YOUNG wrote:the song is good with his impressive body languages
i like it ~ albino

You can start a thread about the music you like... as long as there is no Backstreet Boys, I will allow lol!
avatar
Alex

Posts : 989
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 34
Location : Shaoguan

http://shaoguan.withme.us

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Ray on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Alex wrote:For example here is a song called "Believe" by Russian Dima Bilan, this song won in 2008.

Enjoy!



Lyrics
Even when the thunder and storm begins
I'll be standing strong like a tree in the wind
Nothing is gonna move this mountain or change my direction
I'm falling off the sky and I'm all alone
The courage that's inside is gonna break my fall
Nothing is gonna dim my light within
But if I keep going on it will never be impossible
Not today.

Cause I got something to believe in
As long as I'm breathing
There is not a limit to what I can dream
Cause I got something to believe in
Mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe in me.

Even when the world tries to pull me down
Tell me that I can't... try to turn me around
I wont let them put my fire out
But if I keep going on it will never be impossible
Not today

Cause I got something to believe in
As long as I'm breathing
There is not a limit to what I can dream
Cause I got something to believe in
Mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe...

I can do it all, open every door
Turn unthinkable to reality
You see I can do it all and more

Believing as long as I'm breathing
There is no limit to what I can dream
Believing mission to keep climbing
Nothing else can stop me if I just believe
And I believe in me.

well ...
It's wonderful...
avatar
Ray

Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-09-08
Age : 26
Location : Shaoguan Wengyuan

Back to top Go down

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum